Banana Bran Oats Chocolate Chip Muffins



Gee...muffins are the best and easiest baked little cakes for me to bake when I was younger and I used to remember one of my favourite was with sweet mashed bananas.Who would not love bananas as they are comfort fruit when we were babies....my mum told me that I love to eat them when I was a baby !!!
Well, so much of talking let us get to this recipe which I had  changed a little from the original  basic muffin recipe which I have....I had substituted some of the ingredients and changed a little and voila ....here is the healthier version of my banana bran oatmeal chocolate chip muffins....enjoy.....

Banana Bran Oats Chocolate Chip Muffins 
Ingredients : 


14 oz  plain flour 
8 oz cooking oats 
8 oz crushed bran flakes 
1 tbsp baking powder 
a pinch of salt 
4 oz margarine
1 large egg 
4 oz milk chocolate chips
5 oz brown demerera sugar 
4 mashed ripe bananas 
5 fl oz milk 

Method: 
Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line the muffin tins with paper cups. 



Beat the margarine and sugar till soft and fluffy. Add the egg and beat till combined. Add the milk, mashed bananas and flour and mix till just combined. Add the bran flakes last and fold it into the batter gently. Scoop with an ice-cream scoop or 2 large spoons into the muffin tins and bake for about 25 - 30 minutes till lightly brown.