Mum's Easy Chicken Soup



Well, it was really chilly today and I felt that we had to have some chicken soup and this is one of my mother's easy and simple chicken soup which anyone can make at the comfort of your home....The ingredients are so simple as they are only three main ingredients - a whole chicken , ginger and water......that's all.....So, I have decided to make the soup to warm us up tonight .....You can add some root vegetables  to it if you like for example....carrots, potatoes, parsnips, leeks and other root vegetables....but I like it simple and it is really good if you have a cold ....as it has ginger in the soup ....and I know that everytime when my son or anyone in my family has a cold or flu , I would make this special soup and it works wonders  for our family.....it is a comfort soup and would warm your body and soul up.......I hope that you would try it and you would know what I am talkin' about .....


Mum's Easy Chicken Soup 
Ingredients : 


1 whole chicken - 2 lbs (cut into 8-10  pieces) 
4  1 inch piece fresh ginger - peeled 
1 tsp salt 

1/2 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp black pepper 
5 cups water



Method : 
Clean the chicken and cut it into 8- 10 pieces.Remove the skin if possible for a lower fat chicken soup. Rub the salt all over the chicken pieces and marinade in the fridge for at least 6 hours.

Bring a large stock pot with  5 cups of water to boil and then add the chicken pieces,ginger ,salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil again and then simmer for at least 2 hours on low heat.Serve immediately with rice.