Easy Salmon Stew



I always try to create recipes to cook salmon and found out this recipe by using some ingredients in my pantry and found out that it actually tasted great as my finicky hubby loves this stew....he even asked for more of it....lol...I used some dried anchovies which my mum had bought for me when she came to visit me in July.....it was a rich sweet stock and then I also added some fennel and carrots to it ....fennel has a anise flavour and goes very well with salmon....enjoy making this stew and you would love it on a wintery night like tonight....
Bon appetit!!


Easy Salmon Stew 
Ingredients : 

1 cup dried anchovies - rinsed 
1 medium fennel bulb - diced 
2 red onions - diced 
2 carrots - diced 
1 piece sockeye salmon fillet - cut into small 2 x 2 inch pieces 
4 cups water 
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper 
1 tbsp light soya sauce 
2 stalks chopped green onions
some fennel fronds 


Method : 
First heat a large Dutch oven pot with 4 cups of water. When the water is boiling add the dried anchovies, fennel,red onions, carrots, light soya sauce , salt and black pepper. Bring the stew to a boil again and lower the heat to simmer for about 1 1/2 hours. During the last 20 minutes , add the salmon pieces and then simmer till it is done. Garnish with some chopped green onions and fennel fronds. Serve the stew immediately with some french baguette.  


Easy Salmon Stew