Easy Sweet And Sour Beef Stew



Well, autumn is here and gee...winter is coming soon and it is just a few weeks away....so it is the time to make some stews and comfort food like soups and chillis.....yum....one of my son's favourite sweet and sour dish is this  one called sweet & sour beef recipe which I had got it from my mother as she used to cook this dish when I was little during chinese new year when my father's colleagues and friends came over to my house for a CNY lunch party...I love the dish too just like my son as the beef melts in your mouth as you bite into it....mmmmmmmm............
So here is the recipe from my mum and I did make some changes to it of course.....


Easy Sweet And Sour Beef Stew 
Ingredients : 


16 oz beef chuck stew - cut into 1/2" cubes 
1 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp black pepper 
4 cups water 
1 large red onions - chopped 
4 cloves garlic- minced 
4 ripe tomatoes - cut into quarters 
1 cup tomato ketchup 
1/2 cup water 


Method : 


First boil the 4 cups of water in the stockpot to cook the marinated beef chuck for about 1 hour till  tender. Heat up a non stick wok and add some olive oil  to fry the chopped  onions and minced garlic till fragrant and translucent. Add the cooked beef chuck and fry for a few minutes. Add the tomato ketchup with some water and tomatoes and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat to simmer for about 1/2 hour. Serve hot with some plain rice or french bread. 


Easy Sweet And Sour Beef Stew