Mum's Easy Stir Fry Beef With Ginger


My mother had inspired me in cooking since I was a young child and she would always be the strong and influential person in my life and my culinary experiences.....and adventures....she always gives me tips and ideas whenever I ask her about cooking recipes and questions.....I grew up eating this stir fry beef with ginger at my old house and it is one of my favourite recipes from her....now it has become my own family's favourite recipes......


Mum's Easy Stir Fry Beef With Ginger 
Ingredients : 
1 lb thin slices sirloin beef  - put in the freezer for about 20 minutes for slicing thinly
2 inches fresh ginger - peeled and sliced thinly 
1 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp ground black pepper 
2 cloves garlic - chopped finely
2 shallots - chopped finely 
1/2 cup  water + 1 tbsp cornstarch - mixed well in a small bowl 
2 tbsps dark soya sauce  
1 tbsp honey 
some olive oil for cooking
Method : 
Marinade  the sliced beef with the salt and ground black pepper for at least 4 hours.
Heat a large non stick wok at medium heat . Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the wok to fry the chopped garlic and shallots till fragrant. Add the sliced ginger to fry for another 2 minutes till it is fragrant too. Add the sliced beef and stir fry for another 5 minutes. Add the dark soya sauce , honey and then cornstarch water. Bring it to a boil  and then stir fry for another 5-6 minutes till the sauce thickens. Serve with some rice and garnish with some green onions.