My Hainanese Chicken Rice

From the kitchen of Healthy Food Paradise, here is a zillion wishes of Happy Mum's Day to all the mums out there everywhere in the world....wherever you are....we salute all of you....
Enjoy yourself and pamper yourself today for you deserve it...it is your day to take a BREAK...
Well, today I am enjoying my special day at home with my dear family ...with my parents and my son...I am going to be cooking alongside with my dearest mum..we are going to cook our special Hainanese Chicken rice....so check out the recipe as below...my mum is cooking her special  hainanese chicken and I am cooking my special chicken rice.....so we have these two best dishes together for this special day...
Here is the  simple but special Hainanese Chicken Rice from my family to yours....

My Hainanese Chicken Rice 
Ingredeints  : -

1  1.5 kg whole organic chicken 
1 tbsp salt
4 tbsps Shao Xing Chinese Rice Wine  
1 tbsp soya sauce 
1 tbsp sesame oil 
1 tsp cracked white pepper 
2 stalks green onions - trimmed 
1 piece of  2 inches ginger-peeled and slice into 5 pieces


For the rice : - 
2 cups Jasmine rice -washed  &  rinsed 
2 cups water 
2 tsps sesame oil 
3 garlic - minced 
3 shallots - minced 
1 inch ginger 
1 tsp salt 
1 stalk green onion - cut into 3 pieces 


Method : 
Rinse chicken well, inside and outside. Season generously with salt inside and outside. Stuff the chicken with the ginger slices and the green onion. Add the soya sauce, sesame oil , chinese rice wine and cracked white pepper all over the chicken and marinade it for at least 4-5 hours. 
Prepare the steamer pot and let the water boil before putting the chicken into it to cook for at least 35- 40 minutes depending of the size of the chicken. 
Scoop 4 tbsps of the chicken sauce and leave aside for the rice, 
Heat up the wok or frying pan to fry the rice. Add  the sesame oil into the hot wok and fry some minced shallots , garlic and ginger till fragrant. Then add the Jasmine rice into the wok. Fry for about 5 minutes and  add the chicken sauce plus 1 tbsp chinese rice wine to get a nice aroma. 
Put the rice into the rice cooker  with the green onion and cook till the rice is cooked & fragrant. 

Do hope that all of you who love cooking would try this favourite dish of my family especially my son..... 


HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE 

MUM'S STEAMED CHICKEN